Thursday, January 24, 2008
An Update On My Pregnancy
So I went to my usual doctor's appointment on Monday, and I am now dilated to 3cm and about 80% effaced. My midwife sent me over to Labor and Delivery, because I hadn't felt Mason moving as much as usual, and she wanted to get an ultrasound, and also monitor my contractions. After 3 hours spent sitting there hooked up to machines, they decided to let me go home because my contractions were very few, and very inconsistent. They did tell me that Mason looks great and his heartbeat is normal, everything looks good there. So now I am just walking around, going to work, doing my normal routine, but always have in the back of my mind that I could go in to labor at any second. I am pretty stressed out, because I have this fear that by the time I actually feel some strong contractions, I will be far in to labor, and maybe I won't make it to the hospital. Plus, my aunt, on her third pregnancy had a similar story, and her water ended up breaking and the head of the baby was coming out almost simultaneously. Good thing she had just made it in to the hospital, or else she would have delivered wherever she was. Just wanted to let my readers know, if you don't hear from me for a few days, I probably, finally, went in to labor and am taking it easy!